Re: [ksurf] SLE Reviews

  • Jan W Couhig
    Message 1 of 3 , May 9, 2006
      Nice Lex, I am glad you made the Sonic work for you.

      There was a time when modiying your kit was expected. At these prices
      however, the vendor should have already figured all of this stuff out.

      I feel like with most kits we are flying beta testers. With a kite
      that is like being a guine pig.

      That is ture with every single kite we have been reviewing. :(

      A note about the wind range. I don't doubt you have had the Sonic in
      the range you claim. The thing is, most of them will have that same
      kind of range. The differences seem to be in the lower end of the
      kite's range, but becouse of the depower, the upper end seems to be
      about 30 or so with a medium kite.

      So far I am the most impressed with the Xbow (after the bar pressure
      mod) and, for the value the Waroo comes in at a close second.

      I'm really excited right now about Xbow. If it's like last year, the
      new ones come out in 2 months or so. Everyone is treating them like
      they just came out like all the other kites. But they are actualy a
      year ahead of everyone else, and it definitly shows. Of course they
      have allways been the tech leader.

      If the new Xbows have even slightly less bar pressure and one pump,
      they better make a lot of them becouse the market is going to go fully
      to Cabrinha. They will be the cokacola of the kiteing world. We might
      as well all start spelling kite with a C.

      With Best like shasta I hope they succeed in bringing the prices down
      a bit.

      It's going to be interesting, and to think it's only like 2 months or
      so away. Of course if I were Pete I just might sit on the new kites
      and ride the wave for a bit. That really doesn't seem like his
      intention since they already released the contra. Everyone can already
      see the future.

      I keep wondering why I shouldn't get a contra as my usual kite, but
      supposedly they arn't quite right in higher winds.