Re: [ksurf] Kitesurfing on the coast of Ceara, Brazil - Info, video & slideshow

  • Brian Wilson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2006
      Very good overview of Ceara and excellent slide show which really captures
      the atmosphere and essence of Northern Brazil.

      Having been on 3 kitesurfing vacations to Fortaleza and surrounds, mostly
      Cumbuco, my opinion would differ on a couple of points. On my first trip I
      arrived late May and despite a few (warm) rainy days, still managed to miss
      kiting only 4 days out of 5 weeks, so I would say your season is actually
      longer, being from June - Dec, even January is great from all reports.
      I would hardly describe Paracaru as a city, with a population of 18,000,
      also their 'kite beach' while being excellent from low to medium tide with
      flat water inside the reef and fun waves on it, is already overcrowded with
      10 people on the water - however, a must to visit when in the area, but only
      at low to med tide.

      Am booked to visit Fortaleza again at the end of June for 6 weeks so will
      definitely try to visit you at Prea - combined with a trip to Jericoacoara
      which I have never managed to visit in the past, has all the makings of a
      great trip!

      Best regards

      Brian Wilson
      Tel/fax 27 (0)21 5560044