Re: mexico in june or july

  • whyserpico
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 18, 2006
      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "solarboy1" <solarboy1@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone have a reccomendation for a kiting spot in mexico that
      > will have decent wind in june or july, have a safe, flatwater place
      > for my beginer wife to practice, and relatively inexpensive lodging?
      > 2 small children are included in our package...
      >
      > peace,
      > Peter

      There is a spot callet Saint Quintin it is at the end of Baja I never
      been there but there is guys here (San Diego) that been there and said
      it is wonderfull.
      Cheers
      Kiko
    • MARQ MORRISON
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 18, 2006
        i've been to san quintine and it looks to be a great
        spot a bit tricky to launch but waist deep waters as
        it is a sound.

        make sure there are no sant ana winds blowing in cali
        as this absolutley shut down the wind for us when we
        went two thanksgivings ago. nothing to do but kite in
        this area. really secluded and quaint. the hotel we
        stayed at was right on the watersedge and ran $30 a
        night for a room. (2 beds) i'm suure you can
        negotiate. also lights out between 9-11pm literally no
        warning just BAM andit is pitch black for miles.

        there was another hotel further down but we could not
        find an acces point and it was $15 a night.

        if interested i can try and dig up my info on this
        spot.

        thanqs
        marq
        www.intotheairmovie.com

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 19, 2006
          San Quintin BC is good during the mid to late Spring. Their are buoy wind
          websites for predictions. During Santa Ana wind days in So Cal - a better
          location is San Felipe BC. But in June July it is sooo good in Calif why leave?

          In a message dated 4/18/2006 3:56:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
          cattlebone@... writes:
          i've been to san quintine and it looks to be a great
          spot a bit tricky to launch but waist deep waters as
          it is a sound.

          make sure there are no sant ana winds blowing in cali
          as this absolutley shut down the wind for us when we
          went two thanksgivings ago. nothing to do but kite in
          this area. really secluded and quaint. the hotel we
          stayed at was right on the watersedge and ran $30 a
          night for a room. (2 beds) i'm suure you can
          negotiate. also lights out between 9-11pm literally no
          warning just BAM andit is pitch black for miles.

          there was another hotel further down but we could not
          find an acces point and it was $15 a night.

          if interested i can try and dig up my info on this
          spot.

          thanqs
          marq
          www.intotheairmovie.com
          --- whyserpico <whyserpico@...> wrote:

          > --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "solarboy1"
          > <solarboy1@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Does anyone have a reccomendation for a kiting
          > spot in mexico that
          > > will have decent wind in june or july, have a
          > safe, flatwater place
          > > for my beginer wife to practice, and relatively
          > inexpensive lodging?
          > > 2 small children are included in our package...
          > >
          > > peace,
          > > Peter
          > >
          > There is a spot callet Saint Quintin it is at the
          > end of Baja I never
          > been there but there is guys here (San Diego) that
          > been there and said
          > it is wonderfull.
          > Cheers
          > Kiko