Advice for Waroo

  • whyserpico
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 17 6:55 PM
      I `m planing to buy the new Best Waroo'06 i was wondering if anybody
      tried it and how it is happy or not also could I use my old bars I
      have to Cabrihna bars one it for a Contra Recon 2 and other one is
      older.
      Cheers
    • Jan W Couhig
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 18 4:27 AM
        Haven't flown the Waroo, but I have had my hands on a Crossbow, a
        Sonic, and an Ion.

        The Crossbow had a bit of delay but was very powerfull and smooth. A
        very well done kite, very redeeming for cabrinha.

        The GK was the oposite with the delay. It was nice that it relaunched
        so easy becouse I kept crashing it. It might have been better with a
        pully bar. Good kite though.

        I didn't realy like the bar on either of these kites. I couldn't
        depower the Sonic to my likeing, and the reverse chicken bone which
        goes on your bar was a pain. When you puched up the stoper it wasn't
        going to go back in, I just couldn't reach it. Everything felt loose
        and twitchy. I wish I had flown it on the second attachment, I hear
        that slows it down a bit. The larger size kite did not have this
        problem as much.

        The Cabrina bar was very nice, but there was a lot going on. I think
        you have to make sure you allways dunk the bar so that sand doesn't
        get in the swivels. I liked this kite, I just want something simmilar
        without all the stuff going on at the bar. Maybe the CB with the SS
        bar would be the ticket, but SS isn't marketing bar only right now.

        The Ion felt and acted like a C kite. Clean bar for the most part,
        nice collors on the kite as well if you get off on that sort of thing.
        The kite was stable, the bar pressure felt a lot like a nitro.

        I have my hands on a One now and I will post back after I have had
        some experience with it. I like the bar ok, but it has a lot going on.
        No pullies, but the punch up system seems like overkill to me. I don't
        need a dynamic stoper or anything so I plan on taking the plastic
        connector between the two stopes off, and tightening up the stoper to
        stay in place. It would have been nice if they had put a leash
        attachement on the dynamic line, but for some reason they didn't. They
        did put one on the chicken loop....why?

        The punchout mechanisms of wrapped velcro holders don't have me overly
        thrilled. The loop is a mess of webbing and velcro and stuff, but
        functionaly about the same as the SS bar. I added a stoper ball to the
        dynamic line (along with a leash attachment) and got rid of the silly
        velcro. Now you can use the ball to get the line out of the cam cleat
        instead of ripping it out like with the Sonic. The last thing I want
        is to have to replace those lines every few weeks. I did the cam cleat
        thing once before and I had to replace those lines constatly.

        Be carfull with the old Recon bar and the bow kite. The recons depower
        by placing the tension on the back lines, the bridled kite depowers by
        placing the tension on the front lines.

        It may seem the same with the front leaders lengthening but it is very
        differnt. With the Nitro et.al. it is in front of the bar where the
        extra length goes, with the SS bar, or OR bar with my mod, it is
        behind the bar (between you and the bar) where the length is added,
        and you might also miss that the bar is going right up to the end of
        that leader.

        If you mod your bar to match that kind of setup then it should work.
        The nice thing about the cam cleat which makes it the best solution in
        my opinion, is that if you do have to releas your chicken loop, when
        you pull the bar back to you the dynamic line is going to be nicely
        seated in the cam cleat, keeping the kite fully depowered.