Re: [ksurf] Flat LEIs for beginners?

  • Lex Lissauer
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 13 1:47 AM
      You can learn to drive in a car with an automatic gear, but then you'll have
      a hard time to drive a car with a normal gear box.
      The other way around is easy.
      I fly a bow (GKSonic) mainly because I can't afford a large quiver, but I
      would prefer a set of Impact, Vegas or Raven at the moment.
      I am happy that I can kite with all types of kites. My first 2 kiting years
      I flew easy water relaunchable (Flysurfer) foils. Very nice to learn. The
      first times I dropped a 4-line LEI (blowkite) in the water I could not
      relaunch it, although I knew the theory. I had to let go of the kite and
      swim back. After I learned how to do it in practice, I deciced it is too
      tiresome and sold the kite.