Advice on WindWing Rapture 1

  • makis "Principia"
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8, 2006
      Hello all from Athens.
      I am up to buying a windwing kite, its a bow called
      Rapture 1 and its from 2005.
      I m going to buy it used.
      Ever heard of those kites????
      Surfing on the inet i found out some interesting
      things both good and bad, combined with the good price
      i m getting i think its gonna be a good start.

      The only bad thing i ve heard is that windwing is
      going out of bussiness so any spare parts are gonna be
      difficult to find....

      I m open to ur suggestions.
      PS: here we have mainly gusts and not many big waves,

      i m 183 75 kg and the kite im wanting its 12m so i
      think its gonna hit 14-25 knots.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • hungvu2000@rogers.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 8, 2006
        Is Windwing closing door for sure (their web site is still operational)
        ? Can someone confirm this.

        Windwing is somewhat credited for pushing the fully depowerable kite
        trend as indicated in http://kitesurfingschool.org/Flat%20LEI.htm . It
        would be sad to see them out of business.

        Hung.