Re: [ksurf] Best? who's flown the waroo?

  • bhsu24
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 4, 2006
      This past weekend at Ocean Beach in San Francisco Evan from live2kite
      put on a demo day and there were waroos there i flew the 9m and the
      16m in very light wind only on the beach, but i noticed that the kite
      luffed alot, even sometimes while powered up, it luffed more when
      depowered. something i didnt notice while flying the Caution Answer,
      crossbow, Sonic the only bows ive flown.

      Bryan

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Jan W Couhig" <stochastic@...> wrote:

      > Has anyone else noticed that as the waroo getts bigger and bigger,
      > that it has a completely differnt range than the cabrinha bows? Given
      > the wind ranges and expected sweet spots of about a 5 knot range in
      > the middle of the stated range; the 14 warro seems equivelent to a
      cab 12.

      > Has anyone flown both 12s in 10 to 17 knots?
      >
      > Does anyone know of a place in the SF bay area where one can fly a
      > Waroo on test?
      >

      > --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "loco4olas" <loco4olas@> wrote:
      > >
      > > ANSWERS IN CONTEXT.

      STITCHING IS
      > > > LIGHTER NOT TRIPPLE STITCHED--BUT IT'S HELD UP WELL WITH LOTS OF
      SURF
      > > > TIME.
      > > >
      > > > Is the Waroo a bow shape or just a flat kite? Is it swept back
      at the
      > > > tips? What is the power stroke for water starting like? I have heard
      > > > that the flat kites produce really crapy power on the down stroke.
      > SIMILAR
      > > > IN DESIGN TO THE CABRINHA WITH TEH SWPET TIPS-LOOK ONLINE THERE'S
      > HEAPS OF
      > > > PHOTOS ETC.
      > > IT'S GREAT TO RE-LAUNCH-ALMOST AUTO RE-LAUNCHES.
      > > >
      > > > what do you mean there is no stoper? If yo let go of the bar to spin
      > > > it it fully depowers? That doesn't seem right. YES, THAT'S RIGHT. I
      > > > UNDERSTAND THAT YOU CAN PUT A STOPPER ON THE CENTER LINE-BUT MY
      > MATE'S
      > > > BEST WAROO BAR DOESN'T HAVE ONE-AND IT SUCKS TO UN-SPIN THE
      > BAR-AND YES IT
      > > > DEPOWERS.
      > > >
      > > > Did you try jumping unhooked? JUMPS FINE.
      > > >
      > > > And, another comment I have heard. goes something like
      > > > ..."Bow/Flat/SLE kites are at the begining. All of the kites being
      > > > released today will have serious imporvements over the next few
      years.
      > > > So if a kite had 'decent' construction, enough to last a year and a
      > > > halph or so, and it is cheaper than the compitition, that would
      be the
      > > > kite to buy. Otherwise you are esentialy paying a premium to
      beta test
      > > > a new technology." UMMM-I THINK ESSENTIALLY THE COMMENT IS
      > CORRECT-YES THE
      > > > BOW/FLATS ARE PRETTY MUCH FIRST GEN. AND YES IMPROVEMENTS WILL
      > COME-BUT
      > > > THAT IS PRETTY MUCH ALWAYS THE CASE WITH ANYTHING IN
      > EVOLUTION-SHIT LOOK
      > > > AT COMPUTERS. THEY'RE A GOOD KITE WORTH CONSIDERING.
      > > >
      > > > I think the same consideration goes to buying 5 line kites. If the
      > > > market moves in force to SLEs the 5LC is going have no resale value.
      > > > So once again you are paying for playing. How much do you want
      to pay
      > > > for what kind of play. I THINK 5TH LINE SUCKS MYSELF-MUCH
      > RATHER-AS A WAVE
      > > > KITESURFER US A SIMPLE 4 LINE SET UP-OR A BOW KITE-I'M GOING TO
      > RIDE MY 4
      > > > LINES INTO THE GROUND AS THE BOW/FLATS DEVELOP AND PROBABLY GET A
      > 2ND GEN.
      > > > KITE (IE 2007 OR ALER MODEL)

      > > > about 4

      > > > knots-it's

      > > > If you are new to kitesurfing, please visit
      > > > http://www.KitesurfingSchool.org/faqs.htm for the answers
      > > > to the most frequently asked questions.
      > > >
      > > > === to unsubscribe, please send an email to
      > > > kitesurf-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com ===
      > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • M Silva
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 4, 2006
        On 4/3/06 9:46 PM, "Jan W Couhig" <stochastic@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone else noticed that as the waroo getts bigger and bigger,
        > that it has a completely differnt range than the cabrinha bows? Given
        > the wind ranges and expected sweet spots of about a 5 knot range in
        > the middle of the stated range; the 14 warro seems equivelent to a cab 12.

        That's because the waroo is not as flat as the xbow. In smaller sizes, the
        winds power is much stronger, making differences between kites less
        noticeable.

        mykl

        --
        Give me ambiguity or give me something else.