Re: [ksurf] Best? who's flown the waroo?

  • Jan W Couhig
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 3, 2006
      Has anyone else noticed that as the waroo getts bigger and bigger,
      that it has a completely differnt range than the cabrinha bows? Given
      the wind ranges and expected sweet spots of about a 5 knot range in
      the middle of the stated range; the 14 warro seems equivelent to a cab 12.

      Has anyone flown both 12s in 10 to 17 knots?

      Does anyone know of a place in the SF bay area where one can fly a
      Waroo on test?

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "loco4olas" <loco4olas@...> wrote:

      > ANSWERS IN CONTEXT.

      LIGHT AND
      > > NOT SEWN AS WELL AS THE CABRINHA/SLINGSHOT ETC. JUST TEH STITCHING IS
      > > LIGHTER NOT TRIPPLE STITCHED--BUT IT'S HELD UP WELL WITH LOTS OF SURF
      > > TIME.
      > >
      > > Is the Waroo a bow shape or just a flat kite? Is it swept back at the
      > > tips? What is the power stroke for water starting like? I have heard
      > > that the flat kites produce really crapy power on the down stroke.
      SIMILAR
      > > IN DESIGN TO THE CABRINHA WITH TEH SWPET TIPS-LOOK ONLINE THERE'S
      HEAPS OF
      > > PHOTOS ETC.
      > IT'S GREAT TO RE-LAUNCH-ALMOST AUTO RE-LAUNCHES.
      > >
      > > what do you mean there is no stoper? If yo let go of the bar to spin
      > > it it fully depowers? That doesn't seem right. YES, THAT'S RIGHT. I
      > > UNDERSTAND THAT YOU CAN PUT A STOPPER ON THE CENTER LINE-BUT MY
      MATE'S
      > > BEST WAROO BAR DOESN'T HAVE ONE-AND IT SUCKS TO UN-SPIN THE
      BAR-AND YES IT
      > > DEPOWERS.
      > >
      > > Did you try jumping unhooked? JUMPS FINE.
      > >
      > > And, another comment I have heard. goes something like
      > > ..."Bow/Flat/SLE kites are at the begining. All of the kites being
      > > released today will have serious imporvements over the next few years.
      > > So if a kite had 'decent' construction, enough to last a year and a
      > > halph or so, and it is cheaper than the compitition, that would be the
      > > kite to buy. Otherwise you are esentialy paying a premium to beta test
      > > a new technology." UMMM-I THINK ESSENTIALLY THE COMMENT IS
      CORRECT-YES THE
      > > BOW/FLATS ARE PRETTY MUCH FIRST GEN. AND YES IMPROVEMENTS WILL
      COME-BUT
      > > THAT IS PRETTY MUCH ALWAYS THE CASE WITH ANYTHING IN
      EVOLUTION-SHIT LOOK
      > > AT COMPUTERS. THEY'RE A GOOD KITE WORTH CONSIDERING.
      > >
      > > I think the same consideration goes to buying 5 line kites. If the
      > > market moves in force to SLEs the 5LC is going have no resale value.
      > > So once again you are paying for playing. How much do you want to pay
      > > for what kind of play. I THINK 5TH LINE SUCKS MYSELF-MUCH
      RATHER-AS A WAVE
      > > KITESURFER US A SIMPLE 4 LINE SET UP-OR A BOW KITE-I'M GOING TO
      RIDE MY 4
      > > LINES INTO THE GROUND AS THE BOW/FLATS DEVELOP AND PROBABLY GET A
      2ND GEN.
      > > KITE (IE 2007 OR ALER MODEL)
      > >

      > > --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "loco4olas" <loco4olas@> wrote:
      > >>
      > >> I normally fly X3 10 or 14 and Yarga 13-my mate bought a Waroo 9
      > > about 4
      > >> weeks ago.
      > >>
      > >> He used to fly Nemesis 10 and 14.
      > >>
      > >> He flies the Waroo through all winds from about 10 knots to 30
      > > knots-it's
      > >> sweet spot is HUGE!
      > >>
      > >> I've used it and a 9m Crossbow.
      > >

      > >> Any specific questions? Ask away.
      > >>
      > >> Matt

      > > === to unsubscribe, please send an email to
      > > kitesurf-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com ===
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • bhsu24
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 4, 2006
        This past weekend at Ocean Beach in San Francisco Evan from live2kite
        put on a demo day and there were waroos there i flew the 9m and the
        16m in very light wind only on the beach, but i noticed that the kite
        luffed alot, even sometimes while powered up, it luffed more when
        depowered. something i didnt notice while flying the Caution Answer,
        crossbow, Sonic the only bows ive flown.

        Bryan

        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Jan W Couhig" <stochastic@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone else noticed that as the waroo getts bigger and bigger,
        > that it has a completely differnt range than the cabrinha bows? Given
        > the wind ranges and expected sweet spots of about a 5 knot range in
        > the middle of the stated range; the 14 warro seems equivelent to a
        cab 12.

        > Has anyone flown both 12s in 10 to 17 knots?
        >
        > Does anyone know of a place in the SF bay area where one can fly a
        > Waroo on test?
        >

        > --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "loco4olas" <loco4olas@> wrote:
        > >
        > > ANSWERS IN CONTEXT.

      • M Silva
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 4, 2006
          On 4/3/06 9:46 PM, "Jan W Couhig" <stochastic@...> wrote:

          > Has anyone else noticed that as the waroo getts bigger and bigger,
          > that it has a completely differnt range than the cabrinha bows? Given
          > the wind ranges and expected sweet spots of about a 5 knot range in
          > the middle of the stated range; the 14 warro seems equivelent to a cab 12.

          That's because the waroo is not as flat as the xbow. In smaller sizes, the
          winds power is much stronger, making differences between kites less
          noticeable.

          mykl

          --
          Give me ambiguity or give me something else.