Bow Kite Comments and Comparisons Wanted

  • CCKiteboarder@hotpop.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 27 9:16 AM
      I fooled around with a Cabrinha Crossbow a bit last season and liked it
      but saw some leader failures on them and was a bit concerned about the
      popping safety release holding up.

      I would be interested in peoples comments on the various bow type kites
      available now and their respective control systems.

      What have you tried? What do you like - dislike?

      Steve
      Carson City, Nevada, USA
    • CCKiteboarder@hotpop.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 13, 2006
        I fooled around with a Cabrinha Crossbow a bit last season and liked it
        but saw some leader rope failures on them and was a bit concerned about the
        popping safety release ball holding up.

        Anybody have opinions on the different brands and models now available.
        What are the design and performance differences? How do the control systems
        differ?

        Any takers this time?

        Steve
        Carson City, Nevada, USA
      • hungvuatnetcomdotca
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 13, 2006
          Steve,

          I tried the Waroo over the winter and was very happy with it.

          I was thinking of also trying out the Sonic and will have a chance to
          try the One in the near future.

          I have talked to quite a few kiters about flat LEIs and most tried
          them would like to get 1 this year or next.

          Hung.