Re: [ksurf] Digest Number 3540

  • Dix Franklin
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2006
      hybrid sounds interesting. Have to admit, haven't tried a bow yet. Only
      C-kite and foils.

      Agree that getting rid of pulleys is a big plus.

      Looking at Steve McCormack's comments, bow kites sound ideal for wave
      surfing. I need to try one out definitely.

      In the mean-while, you can upgrade your pulleys. I've replaced the micro
      kite pulleys on my FS foil with the
      Ronstan 20101 with delrin ball bearings (much higher load rating). I'm
      guessing that you could do the same on a "bow" kite.

      also, I use a spray from West Marine to treat pulleys. It makes a dry Teflon
      like coating on the pulleys.
      It's so good that even if your pulley jams, the string will still slide much
      longer without fraying.

      >From: hoekiez
      >Subject: Re: Bow kite or classic lei kite?

      >The Hybrids like Vegas06, Tribal (and JN wild Thing and more or less
      >Matrix and Impact) are worth their money.
      >Wait for next generation bows untill things have sorted out. A.o.
      .there will be no more pulleys.(prone to wear/failure)
      >Finally the way to go will be a mix of C-kite and Bow.
      ">IMO The Hybrids are at the moment THE type of kites to go for.

      ---
      [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude/F-Prot Virus]