[Fwd: Re: Horrible experience at the Kitehouse in Key West FL]

  • hungvu2000@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24 2:27 PM
      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: Re: Horrible experience at the Kitehouse in Key West FL
      Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 21:43:32 -0000
      From: Derik <utprokiteboard@...>
      To: kitesurf-owner@yahoogroups.com

      Paul asked me to post this since he is not a member here:

      PAUL MENTA: "Derik, if you get a chance can you post this, i am not a
      member so i cant:

      KiteHouse bad time

      Just to point out a few facts here so the records are straight:

      we have no wind no pay

      mike came with his wife, so thats 2 people for what he was charged
      for,
      check other prices we are cheap, plus your out on a boat in a great
      spot.

      they never checked in with us, so the cottage[which i have to pay for
      for no
      shows was not held], Mike even said he forgot to check in , was race
      week
      for sailboats. His friend was left at the cottage, they were taken
      out on
      the water, i went to the cottage picked up friend and all the
      luggage,
      brought to my house, then gave the friend my keys to my jeep to use
      and
      showed where to go get a place and have the car for the
      day....remember i
      dont even know these people, but knew Blaine out in Hawaii, so no
      worries

      I am also a chef[at night] just got over pnemonia, and was staying
      out of
      the water for a week or so, just to clear up. Nick, who runs key west
      was
      with them, he is great.

      I am not saying we are the end all to everything, not everyone is
      going to
      be happy in life, but hey, gave you my car, was going to put you up
      in my
      house, had you in for dinner,nice %......i tried, so more of a well
      what can
      i say, i think it sucks.

      p.s. i just spent 25 dollars to send back a trophey they one for
      sailing,
      then this post was sent to me, i normally dont respond, but i felt i
      really
      gave what i could.
      I hope Mike can go somewhere else with his new skills and enjoy, i
      amnot
      into this for scams or unhappy people, wish he said something while
      he was
      here.......over a month ago"

      paul menta

      Aloha
      Paul Menta

      www.thekitehouse.com

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "qdogman2006" <qdogman2006@...>
      wrote:

      > Has anyone ever gotten lessons from Paul Menta. I tried
      > to...even spoke to him several times before hand, paid over $800
      > for 3 half days, but all I got was... a boat ride to the flats &
      some
      > Dmb a$$ pro traveling through the area saying, " wow your doing
      > great, dude". Paul was too busy being a "chef" at his friends
      > resturant to even show up on the water. The only time I saw him
      > was when they gave my cottage reservation to someone else,
      > and I was stuck in Key West with no room. His advice " find
      > somewhere else" I did- for over $200/day MORE than the
      > cottage.
      > I've gotten lessons at 4 different schools - The Kite House was
      > the absolute worst - the website is VERY misleading- No house
      > boat, no videos, no consultation, no quality instuction - just
      > excuses - lots of them.
      >
      > Too bad, I accually went to Paul Menta because a friend of mine
      > (a PKSA certified instructor) recomended Paul as the Best.
      > Maybe he is - if he ever got out of the kitchen!
      >
      > I consider the Kite House in Key West FL an over priced kite
      > RENTAL business. And that is exactly what it feels like - a
      > money grabbing business. BEWARE

    • Marshall Case
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 25 7:42 PM
        Thanksgiving week 2004 and 2005 were great experiences
        kiting out n the falts in Key West. Paul and/or Nick
        provided excellent instruction to my teenage daughter
        and I. Compared to other schools the Kitehouse
        provided more individual attention, flexibility, range
        of equipment, and safety than others. The
        fundamentals we learned were invaluable.
        Marshall