Horrible experience at the Kitehouse in Key West FL

  • qdogman2006
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 23, 2006
      Has anyone ever gotten lessons from Paul Menta. I tried
      to...even spoke to him several times before hand, paid over $800
      for 3 half days, but all I got was... a boat ride to the flats & some
      Dmb a$$ pro traveling through the area saying, " wow your doing
      great, dude". Paul was too busy being a "chef" at his friends
      resturant to even show up on the water. The only time I saw him
      was when they gave my cottage reservation to someone else,
      and I was stuck in Key West with no room. His advice " find
      somewhere else" I did- for over $200/day MORE than the
      cottage.
      I've gotten lessons at 4 different schools - The Kite House was
      the absolute worst - the website is VERY misleading- No house
      boat, no videos, no consultation, no quality instuction - just
      excuses - lots of them.

      Too bad, I accually went to Paul Menta because a friend of mine
      (a PKSA certified instructor) recomended Paul as the Best.
      Maybe he is - if he ever got out of the kitchen!

      I consider the Kite House in Key West FL an over priced kite
      RENTAL business. And that is exactly what it feels like - a
      money grabbing business. BEWARE
    • Jan W Couhig
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2006
        As with any sport, pro riders make the absolute worst trainers. The
        pros are good becouse it is more natural and emediate for them, where
        as the rest of us need more detailed and methodical instruction.