Re: [ksurf] Digest Number 3538

  • Dix Franklin
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2006
      suggest you look at Flysurfer kites, built to aviation standards by a
      paragliding company with years of experience.

      the "new and innovative" "bow" kite is based on the idea that foil wings
      have been developing for years.

      The only inflatable that has potential is the Cuben material Best prototype
      bladderless design with high pressure capacity for extreme stiffness, and an
      elliptical leading edge. ( all Flysurfer kites have the "innovative"
      elliptical leading edge)

      Over the past 5 years, I've flown Wipika, Nash, Cabrina, and Flysurfer
      kites. My next kite will be a FS Speed 17m. If you've ever flown high
      performance sailplanes, you'll appreciate where Flysurfer is going with the
      development of the Speed. A very high aspect bridled flat "bowed" wing with
      a very long wing span in relation to the size in area.

      So, where most LEI developers are still trying to catch up with the "new
      bowed" designs, Flysurfer is already developing high AR foils that are
      starting to look like high performance sailplane wings.

      A pretty good demo of Flysurfer reliability is where they use their kite
      for paragliding. Trying to paraglide with an inflatable would be suicide,
      where as you could paraglide all day with a foil, a huge difference in
      aviation technology.

      From: hoekiez
      2. Welcome to Tropical Paradise, Special Danced with Dolphins
      From: "sakoopsurf" <sakoopsurf@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 08:16:01 -0000
      From: hoekiez
      Subject: Re: Bow kite or classic lei kite?

      The Hybrids like Vegas06, Tribal (and JN wild Thing and more or less
      Matrix and Impact) are worth their money.
      Wait for next generation bows untill things have sorted out. A.o.
      there will be no more pulleys.(prone to wear/failure)
      Finally the way to go will be a mix of C-kite and Bow.
      IMO The Hybrids are at the moment THE type of kites to go for.

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "kiteghost" <kiteghost@...> wrote:

      > Hi all I'm looking to buy a new kite. I'm looking at the new bow
      style
      > kites but are they really worth the extra money? I can get a new
      2005
      > naish V4 16m half the price of one of the new bow kites. I want to
      use
      > my kites for flat water as well as wave riding.
      >
      > I have the following:
      >
      > 2003 naish Aero2 12m
      > 2003 155mm naish twin tip
      > 2005 140mm Cyclone twin tip
      >
      > Thanks

      Message: 2
      Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 22:43:38 -0000
      From: "sakoopsurf" <sakoopsurf@...>
      Subject: Welcome to Tropical Paradise, Special Danced with Dolphins

      MARCH 2006

      Hello you will find hereafter my newsletter, Special Danced with Dolphins
      Welcome to Anguilla, St Barth and St martin
      http://www.tropical-paradise.net/Tropical-Paradise-news-march06.html

      Enjoy,
      Thierry Dehove
      http://www.tropical-paradise.net

      ---
      [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude/F-Prot Virus]

      ---
      [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude/F-Prot Virus]