Re: [ksurf] Re: Bow kite or classic lei kite?

  • hungvu2000@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 22, 2006
      Interesting stat Steve.

      How many flat kites have you sold for 2006?

      Hung.

      Kitepower Sydney wrote:

      >Our experience here proves the opposite, the majority of kiters prefer bow
      >style kites and once they have tried one, they buy one and then buy more.
      >Why?
      >Because of the huge advantage of being able to push the bar away and depower
      >95%, they can control both power and speed which gives a huge boost to
      >confidence and lets them focus on learning more. There is nothing better for
      >the average rider in both waves and flat water.
      >We also sell North, Flexifoil, Naish, Slingshot, Globerider, Peter Lynn,
      >Liquid Force, Airush and Cabrinha.
      >We let people choose, we never push them towards any particular kite, we
      >have a huge demo kite and board range, people buy what they like, bows
      >outsell C's 20 to 1, there has to be a reason eh??
      >

      >Cya and
      >
      >Goodwinds
      >
      >Steve McCormack
      >www.kitepower.com.au
      >
      > From: hoekiez
      >Subject: Re: Bow kite or classic lei kite?
      >
      >The Hybrids like Vegas06, Tribal (and JN wild Thing and more or less Matrix
      >and Impact) are worth their money.
      >Wait for next generation bows untill things have sorted out. A.o.
      >there will be no more pulleys.(prone to wear/failure) Finally the way to go
      >will be a mix of C-kite and Bow.
      >IMO The Hybrids are at the moment THE type of kites to go for.
      >
      >--- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "kiteghost" <kiteghost@...> wrote:
      >

      >>Hi all I'm looking to buy a new kite. I'm looking at the new bow
      >>

      >style
      >

      >>kites but are they really worth the extra money? I can get a new
      >>

      >2005
      >

      >>naish V4 16m half the price of one of the new bow kites. I want to
      >>

      >use
      >

      >>my kites for flat water as well as wave riding.
      >>
      >>I have the following:
      >>
      >>2003 naish Aero2 12m
      >>2003 155mm naish twin tip
      >>2005 140mm Cyclone twin tip
      >>
      >>Thanks

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Eric
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 22, 2006
        Hello

        Does any one know the location of factories where they
        make the kites. I am going to China and would like to
        visit one of these locations and see how the whole
        process works. Especially the bladder trick !
        You can visit a car manufacturer, but what is the
        mistery with the kite manufacturers.
        Slingshot R & D told me flat out that they do not give
        out that information!! Are they hiding something ??
        tx
        Eric

        http://mail.yahoo.com