Re: [ksurf] Flat LEIs for beginners?

  • hungvu2000@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 12, 2006
      Could the beginners take lesson on a Flat LEI kite and then if needed
      take an extra hour to learn how to relaunch a classic LEI kite ?

      Hung.

      Lex Lissauer wrote:

      >Beginners: Yes.
      >Old school advanced kiters: Yes.
      >Waveriders: Yes.
      >New school riders: Probably not.
      >Schools: Certainly not: Because it is imperative to learn to water relaunch
      >traditional 4-line kites. If you can do that, relaunching any other type of
      >kite is easy. So schools should not even use 5th line kites in my opinion.
      >Additional courses/clinics could be created for bow and foil kites,
      >actually any kite which is deviating from the standard 4-line C-shape kite.
      >They should be free of charge and organised by the vendors.
      >

      >On 3/12/06, hungvu2000@... <hungvu2000@...> wrote:
      >

      >>Since modern flat LEIs can depower 100% (or almost there) and very easy
      >>to relaunch, should beginners and schools start using them?
      >>
      >>Hung.
      >>

      >>If you are new to kitesurfing, please visit
      >>http://www.KitesurfingSchool.org/faqs.htm for the answers
      >>to the most frequently asked questions.
      >>
      >>=== to unsubscribe, please send an email to
      >>kitesurf-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com ===
      >>Yahoo! Groups Links

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Lex Lissauer
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 13, 2006
        You can learn to drive in a car with an automatic gear, but then you'll have
        a hard time to drive a car with a normal gear box.
        The other way around is easy.
        I fly a bow (GKSonic) mainly because I can't afford a large quiver, but I
        would prefer a set of Impact, Vegas or Raven at the moment.
        I am happy that I can kite with all types of kites. My first 2 kiting years
        I flew easy water relaunchable (Flysurfer) foils. Very nice to learn. The
        first times I dropped a 4-line LEI (blowkite) in the water I could not
        relaunch it, although I knew the theory. I had to let go of the kite and
        swim back. After I learned how to do it in practice, I deciced it is too
        tiresome and sold the kite.