mexico in june or july

  • solarboy1
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 17, 2006
      Does anyone have a reccomendation for a kiting spot in mexico that
      will have decent wind in june or july, have a safe, flatwater place
      for my beginer wife to practice, and relatively inexpensive lodging?
      2 small children are included in our package...

      peace,
      Peter
    • whyserpico
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 18, 2006
        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "solarboy1" <solarboy1@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone have a reccomendation for a kiting spot in mexico that
        > will have decent wind in june or july, have a safe, flatwater place
        > for my beginer wife to practice, and relatively inexpensive lodging?
        > 2 small children are included in our package...
        >
        > peace,
        > Peter

        There is a spot callet Saint Quintin it is at the end of Baja I never
        been there but there is guys here (San Diego) that been there and said
        it is wonderfull.
        Cheers
        Kiko
      • MARQ MORRISON
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 18, 2006
          i've been to san quintine and it looks to be a great
          spot a bit tricky to launch but waist deep waters as
          it is a sound.

          make sure there are no sant ana winds blowing in cali
          as this absolutley shut down the wind for us when we
          went two thanksgivings ago. nothing to do but kite in
          this area. really secluded and quaint. the hotel we
          stayed at was right on the watersedge and ran $30 a
          night for a room. (2 beds) i'm suure you can
          negotiate. also lights out between 9-11pm literally no
          warning just BAM andit is pitch black for miles.

          there was another hotel further down but we could not
          find an acces point and it was $15 a night.

          if interested i can try and dig up my info on this
          spot.

          thanqs
          marq
          www.intotheairmovie.com

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 19, 2006
            San Quintin BC is good during the mid to late Spring. Their are buoy wind
            websites for predictions. During Santa Ana wind days in So Cal - a better
            location is San Felipe BC. But in June July it is sooo good in Calif why leave?

            In a message dated 4/18/2006 3:56:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
            cattlebone@... writes:
            i've been to san quintine and it looks to be a great
            spot a bit tricky to launch but waist deep waters as
            it is a sound.

            make sure there are no sant ana winds blowing in cali
            as this absolutley shut down the wind for us when we
            went two thanksgivings ago. nothing to do but kite in
            this area. really secluded and quaint. the hotel we
            stayed at was right on the watersedge and ran $30 a
            night for a room. (2 beds) i'm suure you can
            negotiate. also lights out between 9-11pm literally no
            warning just BAM andit is pitch black for miles.

            there was another hotel further down but we could not
            find an acces point and it was $15 a night.

            if interested i can try and dig up my info on this
            spot.

            thanqs
            marq
            www.intotheairmovie.com
            --- whyserpico <whyserpico@...> wrote:

            > --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "solarboy1"
            > <solarboy1@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Does anyone have a reccomendation for a kiting
            > spot in mexico that
            > > will have decent wind in june or july, have a
            > safe, flatwater place
            > > for my beginer wife to practice, and relatively
            > inexpensive lodging?
            > > 2 small children are included in our package...
            > >
            > > peace,
            > > Peter
            > >
            > There is a spot callet Saint Quintin it is at the
            > end of Baja I never
            > been there but there is guys here (San Diego) that
            > been there and said
            > it is wonderfull.
            > Cheers
            > Kiko