Up and going

  • cluck1
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16 5:25 PM
      Been playing with traction kites and a mountain board the last few
      weeks. Today I had a two hour lesson in kiteboarding and put it all
      together. After that, and a few hours of practicing what I learned,
      I was able to get onto a plane.

      Instructor shows upearly, and I was practicing with my 14m... had
      self launched and was able to bring it to the both edges of the wind
      window. He was able to fine tune what I had taught myself, and put
      me on track with the correct skills and methods.

      For any other newbies to the sport... a lesson helps keep you safe,
      and really accelerates the learning curve. Having some basic kite
      skills already, in two hours I was able to body drag upwind, water
      re-launch the kite, self rescue... and get onto a plane!

      I could at least hold my position in relation to the shore by the
      end of the day... another outing or two, and I bet I can start going
      upwind.

      But after all those people saying "take a lesson".... now I know why.