Re: [ksurf] Digest Number 3512

  • Dix Franklin
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2006
      with all due respect to the those affected by this sad news, one of the ppl
      who posted on kiteforum, hinted something about the mishap kitesurfer's
      "unsafe" practices. I wonder what he oberserved.

      What's more important, tip toeing around the awkward facts and being
      politically correct, or getting to the truth of the kind of behavior this
      kitesurfer was in the habit of doing.

      In my 6 years of kite surfing, I've seen and heard of ppl doing some crazy
      stuff, and hell, I've done some weird stuff that I felt , damn, that was
      stupid, but then proud of the fact that I survived doing that stupid thing.

      any thoughts about this from the group? thanks and be aware of your self.

      From: "Tunico Lage" <alage@...>
      2. Re: Rider Lost
      From: "Doug Haluza" <dhaluza@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 12:22:54 -0200
      From: "Tunico Lage" <alage@...>
      Subject: the END of this group ???

      To the owner/moderator of this mailing list.

      I have been a subscriber of this group since 1998. For many years it has
      been a source of information, friendship and fun.
      Recently I have been receiving A LOT of spam from the group.
      No news, no conversation...just spam !

      I would be very sad to unsubscribe from this list.

      Please do something !

      Thanks,

      Tunico Lage

      Message: 2
      Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 18:59:39 -0000
      From: "Doug Haluza" <dhaluza@...>
      Subject: Re: Rider Lost

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Larry_Gorham" <larry_gorham@h...> wrote:

      > A kite surfer was killed in the Long Island Sound last night according
      > to WTNH TV near Lordship Beach. Kite and board were found last night
      > and the body was found around noon today, Jan 22. His friend reported
      > him missing at 5 pm yesterday. The name has not been released yet.
      > Another TV station called it a wind surfing accident?

      For details, see this thread:

      http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2324004

      ---
      [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude/F-Prot Virus]

      ---
      [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude/F-Prot Virus]