Re: [ksurf] Vegas 06 kites

  • M Silva
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3 12:08 AM
      On 1/31/06 12:01 PM, "Klotz, Michael MD" <michael.klotz@...>
      wrote:

      > I ride mostly in the Gorge and am looking for a kite with wide wind range and
      > that can handle gusts. Feedback is welcome.

      Though they may not be the most high performance kites out there, the peter
      lynn venom may be just what you're looking for. They have great range and
      are second to none in gusty winds.

      The smaller sizes are very fast and not much different from an LEI, however,
      the larger sizes are less powerful per square meter vs a larger LEI. They do
      have a very high top end though.

      If you're in the gorge, I'm assuming you'll need small kites, in which case,
      do not overlook them. See if you can try one out, I think you'll like it.
      They are incredibly stable, eat up gusts like nothing, and require no pumps,
      self inflating (ram air). I flew a 10 and fell in love. Top top kites.

      Mykl

      Ps- also a good kite for year round kiting (water snow land)

      --
      Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.