Re: [ksurf] Beginner's boards - advice?

  • Simone Freire
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2006
      Hello, Jonathan.
      I'm about your weight, 84 kg, but not tall, however I
      had the same problem as yours, and now have three
      boards... :-)
      Well, now I've been using a Best board (Drive), it is
      131 x 39 cm , and I'm able to go upwind with a 15 kite
      when the wind is blowing at 14 knots at least. I'm
      quite satisfied, but still keep my old 165 cm mutant
      for those light wind days.
      As you have a wide stance, maybe all you need is to
      adjust the distance between the pads, to the largest
      distance possible. In
      fact, I've glued my Best pads to the board. There was
      sand being
      deposited between the pads and the board, and this was
      wearing faster the bottom side of the pads.
      Although short in length, the Drive is wide enough to
      keep me going upwind even in light winds. So, my
      opinion is, what is more important is the board
      breadth, not the length. A good dimension for you, as
      a beginner, may be something between a length of 135
      to 142 cm, and at least a breadth of 40 cm.

      And go for a twin board. I also have a North mutant,
      but I got
      scoliosis from riding toeside to the left all the
      time! :-)

      Andre Soares

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2006
        try bigger board..cabrinha has many also!!!!

        carlos rudge
        Rio de Janeiro, Br

        http://mail.yahoo.com