RE: [ksurf] Vegas 06 kites

  • Klotz, Michael MD
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2006
      I was in La Ventana last week and demo'd the Vegas '06. I loved it! I currently ride Rhino '04s and prior to that I learned on Rhino '02s (and survived). I rode a 10M while I had been on my 12 Rhino. Very stable, quick, slt less bar pressure than the Rhino, great going upwind. I need to replace at least my 12M this season and am seriously considering the Vegas. I want to demo the Rhino '06 and slingshot fuels. I tried the SS Octane and felt it was too twitchy for my level of learning tricks (I can jump and do a backrolls only to date). Tried the Best Waru (sp?) which was my first time on a Bow kite. Too much bar pressure in my opinion, but only spent 30 min on it and didn't fool with tuning. Great price!
      Never tried Ocean Rodeo kites.
      I ride mostly in the Gorge and am looking for a kite with wide wind range and that can handle gusts. Feedback is welcome.

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2006
        On 1/31/06 12:01 PM, "Klotz, Michael MD" <michael.klotz@...>
        wrote:

        > I ride mostly in the Gorge and am looking for a kite with wide wind range and
        > that can handle gusts. Feedback is welcome.

        Though they may not be the most high performance kites out there, the peter
        lynn venom may be just what you're looking for. They have great range and
        are second to none in gusty winds.

        The smaller sizes are very fast and not much different from an LEI, however,
        the larger sizes are less powerful per square meter vs a larger LEI. They do
        have a very high top end though.

        If you're in the gorge, I'm assuming you'll need small kites, in which case,
        do not overlook them. See if you can try one out, I think you'll like it.
        They are incredibly stable, eat up gusts like nothing, and require no pumps,
        self inflating (ram air). I flew a 10 and fell in love. Top top kites.

        Mykl

        Ps- also a good kite for year round kiting (water snow land)

        --
        Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.