Re: [ksurf] Trying to get started

  • Iain Wood
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 13, 2006
      On 13 Jan 2006, at 04:59, cyborg_ratus wrote:

      >>> The link to the auction:
      >>> http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-6m-MOUNTAIN-SNOW-BOARD-KITESURF-TRACTION-
      >>> POWER-KITE_W0QQitemZ7210177484QQcategoryZ114264QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
      >>>

      >> I would be careful here. The price is suspiciously low. A good kite
      >> that size would normally be at least $400. If you could try it first
      >> it might be worth considering, but otherwise I wouldn't risk it.
      >>
      >> Iain
      >>

      > Well i wont be able to test it,But the guy seems to have very good
      > seller reputation...if you read all description would it still be a
      > maybe? liek rope ,kit to attach etc?

      I wouldn't touch it myself. Look at the pics at the bottom. The kites
      there seem to be ozone frenzys (a kite with a pretty good reputation
      for snowkiting) They certainly aren't the kite being offered. There's
      a lot of subtlety in kite design and there are some cheap rubbish
      kites out there that just don't cut it. Now this guy may have created
      a great kite and be selling it at an unbelievably low price. Somehow
      I doubt it though.

      If you are on a tight budget it's even more important that you get it
      right first time. Why not look out for a secondhand foil of some
      sort? Something with a good reputation, and preferably something you
      can try out.

      Iain
    • M Silva
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 13, 2006
        To put it simply, you get what you pay for. If the money's tight, it's EVEN
        MORE IMPORTANT to buy the quality shit. Leave it to the people with enough
        money to blow, to try out a cheap unknown kite, because it might be OK, for
        shits and giggles.

        You need to buy a quality kite that will take beginner punishment, and will
        still hold some value beyond that. Buying this kite is throwing your money
        out the window, unless you've flown it, or know someone who has, and swore
        it's a great value.

        Good kites hold their value. Look what people are getting for blade mk 1's
        and original arcs and wipikas, people still looking for them and riding
        them. The choice is clear...

        Besides, flimsy cheap material will turn you off and frustrate you. These
        are things you pay for too, not with money, but infinitely more costly.

        Fuggedaboutit!

        Peace and love,
        Mykl

        --
        Procrastinate Now
      • M Silva
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 13, 2006
          LOL, here's something that should have tipped you off, this guys other ebay
          store items are male adult novelty underwear such as " Funny Exotic Sexy Hot
          Elephant snake Thong Underwear" BWAAAHHHAAAHAAAAHAAAAAAA!!
          <http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8370979609&ssPageName=MER
          C_VI_ReBay_Pr12_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT>

          And it appears they know nothing of kites, to be stupid enough to put a
          picture of a frenzy with the name of their kite on the picture, that's some
          balls, or total ignorance.

          Check ikitesurf.com. Or I can sell you a name brand, as new 3m ozone little
          devil for $250. Flown 5 times, less than 1 hr flying time on it, no crashes.
          Pulls A LOT.

          --
          "One year ago today, the time for excuse-making has come to an end."‹George
          W. Bush Washington, D.C., Jan. 8, 2003