Re: [ksurf] kite adjustment

  • cluck1
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2006
      Going to go body dragging this weekend. I started with a two line 6
      foot foil to learn to fly, then moved to a 3.6m quad line that is a
      blat to play with. I've taken my 12 and 14 and brought them to
      nuetral, and back down to the edge of the wind window a few times on
      land, never hooked in of course, only the safety/depower leash.

      Right now I have a Naish 4 line bar. I have the loops on the kites
      for a fifth line setup. Is it better to convert my existing bar, or
      get a new one?

      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, georgeiw@a... wrote:

      > be careful with a big kite on land. You will be much safer in the
      water body
      > dragging. Once in the water avoid trying to stand up and just
      float, letting
      > the kite drag you along. It is better, more fun, safer, and closer
      to the
      > experience of being on a board.
      > Next try dragging using only half of the wind window.
      > Good luck,
      > George

    • Mark
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 7, 2006
        Hi there

        Just at the body dragging stage myself in the UK... cos of my weight
        though (300lb) my smallest kite I prefered to water drag with was a
        Peter Lynn Guerilla II 9mtr. I loved using this kite in the cannaries
        and Cyprus as it was so smooth in the air at turning, ald also very
        easy to water re-launch (as long as it wasnt bow tied).

        I sold the GII as i never really thought it would be a decent kitesurf
        kite due to power to weight factor. I also use an X3 Naish for
        dragging and sure do have to keep that baby moving, and very seldomly
        have it anywhere near zenith, usually 10 oclock, pulls like a train
        though.

        I have lessons arranged for the Algarve in April and taking a Naish
        TTPRO 134 with 12m X3, 16m V4 and 19 Slingy Fuel. Think the 16 will be
        the order of the day though, and DEFFO need to get electric pump for
        the Fuel (PHEW)..... Also have a 25m V4 and have flown that ONCE on
        land obviously unhooked, blimey 5mph of wind and it was lifting me
        straight off my feet, if not a little slowly. Not bad for a 20 stone
        bloke. Wouldnt do it again though :o|

        Oh I buggy too, with 3, 4, 5, 7.2 Ozone Samurai's + Flexifoil Big Tyre

        Just my adventures so far...