Re: [ksurf] kite adjustment

  • georgeiw@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2006
      be careful with a big kite on land. You will be much safer in the water body
      dragging. Once in the water avoid trying to stand up and just float, letting
      the kite drag you along. It is better, more fun, safer, and closer to the
      experience of being on a board.
      Next try dragging using only half of the wind window.
      Good luck,
      George

    • cluck1
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5, 2006
        Going to go body dragging this weekend. I started with a two line 6
        foot foil to learn to fly, then moved to a 3.6m quad line that is a
        blat to play with. I've taken my 12 and 14 and brought them to
        nuetral, and back down to the edge of the wind window a few times on
        land, never hooked in of course, only the safety/depower leash.

        Right now I have a Naish 4 line bar. I have the loops on the kites
        for a fifth line setup. Is it better to convert my existing bar, or
        get a new one?

        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, georgeiw@a... wrote:

        > be careful with a big kite on land. You will be much safer in the
        water body
        > dragging. Once in the water avoid trying to stand up and just
        float, letting
        > the kite drag you along. It is better, more fun, safer, and closer
        to the
        > experience of being on a board.
        > Next try dragging using only half of the wind window.
        > Good luck,
        > George

      • Mark
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 7, 2006
          Hi there

          Just at the body dragging stage myself in the UK... cos of my weight
          though (300lb) my smallest kite I prefered to water drag with was a
          Peter Lynn Guerilla II 9mtr. I loved using this kite in the cannaries
          and Cyprus as it was so smooth in the air at turning, ald also very
          easy to water re-launch (as long as it wasnt bow tied).

          I sold the GII as i never really thought it would be a decent kitesurf
          kite due to power to weight factor. I also use an X3 Naish for
          dragging and sure do have to keep that baby moving, and very seldomly
          have it anywhere near zenith, usually 10 oclock, pulls like a train
          though.

          I have lessons arranged for the Algarve in April and taking a Naish
          TTPRO 134 with 12m X3, 16m V4 and 19 Slingy Fuel. Think the 16 will be
          the order of the day though, and DEFFO need to get electric pump for
          the Fuel (PHEW)..... Also have a 25m V4 and have flown that ONCE on
          land obviously unhooked, blimey 5mph of wind and it was lifting me
          straight off my feet, if not a little slowly. Not bad for a 20 stone
          bloke. Wouldnt do it again though :o|

          Oh I buggy too, with 3, 4, 5, 7.2 Ozone Samurai's + Flexifoil Big Tyre

          Just my adventures so far...