Re: [ksurf] kite adjustment

  • georgeiw@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2006
      tighten up your back lines or simply pull down on the bar when this happens
      and start moving the kite from side to side.

    • cluck1
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2006
        Moved the lines to the next knot on the control bar, and it flew the
        way it should. Now that I'm getting comfortable with launching and
        landing, a few moretimes of practicing... and it'll be off to the
        water to learn how to body drag.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 4, 2006
          be careful with a big kite on land. You will be much safer in the water body
          dragging. Once in the water avoid trying to stand up and just float, letting
          the kite drag you along. It is better, more fun, safer, and closer to the
          experience of being on a board.
          Next try dragging using only half of the wind window.
          Good luck,
          George

        • cluck1
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 5, 2006
            Going to go body dragging this weekend. I started with a two line 6
            foot foil to learn to fly, then moved to a 3.6m quad line that is a
            blat to play with. I've taken my 12 and 14 and brought them to
            nuetral, and back down to the edge of the wind window a few times on
            land, never hooked in of course, only the safety/depower leash.

            Right now I have a Naish 4 line bar. I have the loops on the kites
            for a fifth line setup. Is it better to convert my existing bar, or
            get a new one?

            --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, georgeiw@a... wrote:

            > be careful with a big kite on land. You will be much safer in the
            water body
            > dragging. Once in the water avoid trying to stand up and just
            float, letting
            > the kite drag you along. It is better, more fun, safer, and closer
            to the
            > experience of being on a board.
            > Next try dragging using only half of the wind window.
            > Good luck,
            > George

          • Mark
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 7, 2006
              Hi there

              Just at the body dragging stage myself in the UK... cos of my weight
              though (300lb) my smallest kite I prefered to water drag with was a
              Peter Lynn Guerilla II 9mtr. I loved using this kite in the cannaries
              and Cyprus as it was so smooth in the air at turning, ald also very
              easy to water re-launch (as long as it wasnt bow tied).

              I sold the GII as i never really thought it would be a decent kitesurf
              kite due to power to weight factor. I also use an X3 Naish for
              dragging and sure do have to keep that baby moving, and very seldomly
              have it anywhere near zenith, usually 10 oclock, pulls like a train
              though.

              I have lessons arranged for the Algarve in April and taking a Naish
              TTPRO 134 with 12m X3, 16m V4 and 19 Slingy Fuel. Think the 16 will be
              the order of the day though, and DEFFO need to get electric pump for
              the Fuel (PHEW)..... Also have a 25m V4 and have flown that ONCE on
              land obviously unhooked, blimey 5mph of wind and it was lifting me
              straight off my feet, if not a little slowly. Not bad for a 20 stone
              bloke. Wouldnt do it again though :o|

              Oh I buggy too, with 3, 4, 5, 7.2 Ozone Samurai's + Flexifoil Big Tyre

              Just my adventures so far...