Re: [ksurf] Where are we?

  • OneWithWind@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 24, 2005
      In a message dated 12/18/2005 11:13:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      georgeiw@... writes:

      For instance the new flat inflato was inspired by the amount of depower
      that
      the flat foils could achieve that he 'C' shaped inflatos could not.

      The flat inflatibles are a design progresion from some of the early
      kitesurfing kites that came out about the same time as the original Wipika classic.
      The seasmik and later the davinci kites started the flat inflatible kites but
      had problems with consistant relaunch. The vast majority of the foil kites
      would not depower at all.
      PEACE&WINDS
      Josh
      _ONEWITHWIND@..._ (mailto:ONEWITHWIND@...)

    • georgeiw@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 26, 2005
        That is true that the seasmik and davinci were prototypes for the flat foils
        but also.
        The first foils, f-one could not depower at all.
        Then the flysurfer achieved much more depower than the inflatos when the
        davinci and seasmik and f-one were dead.
        anyway ask Bruno.
        the foils also had the bad rap of not being able to relaunch. But nothing
        relaunches as easily as a flysurfer.
        Nothing absorbs gusts as well as an arc or auto zeniths.
        I see no need to choose sides. I only want to give each guy his do. And I
        also do it by buying all of the brands for their particular niche.

        I look forward to buying a cabrinha crossbow and at the same time the
        flysurfer speed..
        George