Where are we?
- Just some thought for the end of 2005.
In 1998 a large number of kitesurfing pioneers started learning the
sport and many have argued that was the year kitesurfing "really started".
Now it is somewhat 7 years old. Some info:
- The original patent has expired
- The new flat inflatable kite is getting more popular
- Foils have been defeated
- Arc is a bit weak
- Kiteski (water) is gone
- Kiteship or kiteboat is still limited and somewhat disappointing
- A new innovation for kiteship or kiteboat is needed to make it more
- Kitesnowboarding and kiteskiing is even more popular than
kitesurfing in colder climate
- 2,320,000 sites found on Google for "kitesurfing" (only 1,220,000
- 3 top kitesurfing sites on Google: http://kitesurfing.com (Don's
site?), http://kitesurfingschool.org (Opensource kitesurfing site) and
http://kitesurfing.org (British Kitesurfing Association)