Malibu= Ft. Lauderdale

  • vela2scuba
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 8, 2005
      Sorry to hear you had a bad experience beginning in this soooooooo fun
      sport. I'm glad to read you got up and rode, then went back out for at
      least one more run. Good for you. Screw that dude.

      I had basically the same thing happen in Ft. Laud to a "IKO" teacher
      that wanted to charge as much as a new board costs. The dude sat in
      his chair, shades on and no eye contact (sales fubar) and I told him I
      was from Hood River then he layed into me like I was the devil????

      They exist on both coasts.

      How bout Hobie Alter and his cohort shutting down "Clark foam"
      production!!!!!!!!!! Now that' news.....
    • richrdwest
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 8, 2005
        Dude- I'm good friends with Hobie Alter and he had NOTHING to do with
        shutting down Clark Foam. Watch your keyboard and shut your pie hole
        about stuff you know nothing about. I hate when people spread rumors,
        especially something so stupid as that one.

        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, vela2scuba <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > Sorry to hear you had a bad experience beginning in this soooooooo fun
        > sport. I'm glad to read you got up and rode, then went back out for at
        > least one more run. Good for you. Screw that dude.
        >
        > I had basically the same thing happen in Ft. Laud to a "IKO" teacher
        > that wanted to charge as much as a new board costs. The dude sat in
        > his chair, shades on and no eye contact (sales fubar) and I told him I
        > was from Hood River then he layed into me like I was the devil????
        >
        > They exist on both coasts.
        >
        > How bout Hobie Alter and his cohort shutting down "Clark foam"
        > production!!!!!!!!!! Now that' news.....

      • M Silva
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 8, 2005
          DING DING DING DING!!!

          --
          "Unfairly but truthfully, our party has been tagged as being against things.
          Anti-immigrant, for example. And we're not a party of anti-immigrants. Quite
          ‹Cleveland, July 1, 2000