[ksurf] Re: boards

  • Raul Argilagos
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 3, 1998
      By Jack Brutschin @... Tuesday
      November 03, 1998
      04:35 AM PST

      I already replied someone who had the same question. I do not have this board anymore, but my message was not so much centered on this specific board. It was a very normal and regular board. The thing was that the weight was about 20kg, but terrific for going upwind.
      At the moment we are experimentating with a Needle board. We bought it for $50,- and this board seems to go upind by 15 degrees. It is hard to make a turn with, but it goes fast.

      Again, it is old knowledge and it works fine. And this has nothing to do with the kites.

      Jack

      A 44 POUND BOARD??? SOUNDS LIKE A WHALE MORE LIKE.
      RAUL

      -----
      See the original message at http://www.egroups.com/list/kitesurf/?start=689
    • Jack Brutschin
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 4, 1998
        You are right, but do you get the message as well. It was the board and not the kite. I think there is a huge gain to be made with boards and not with the kites.

        See you and thanks for your respond.

        Jack

        At 18:05 3-11-98 +0000, you wrote:

        By Jack Brutschin @... Tuesday November 03, 1998 04:35 AM PST I already replied someone who had the same question. I do not have this board anymore, but my message was not so much centered on this specific board. It was a very normal and regular board. The thing was that the weight was about 20kg, but terrific for going upwind. At the moment we are experimentating with a Needle board. We bought it for $50,- and this board seems to go upind by 15 degrees. It is hard to make a turn with, but it goes fast. Again, it is old knowledge and it works fine. And this has nothing to do with the kites. Jack A 44 POUND BOARD???  SOUNDS LIKE A WHALE MORE LIKE. RAUL ----- See the original message at http://www.egroups.com/list/kitesurf/?start=689 -- Free e-mail group hosting at http://www.eGroups.com/

        Pawo Skyting
        Jack Brutschin
        van Bossestraat 9 II
        1051 JR  Amsterdam
        Tel/fax: 0031-(0)20-4003789
        brutschi@...

      • Ness Laurent
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 20, 1998
          Jack,

          I am really sorry but I think you should try all the material I tried those last 6 years of kitesurfing.

          Come here and you will understand that you better have a good sail in yours hands with a door under your feet than the opposite !!!

          Laurent Ness

          PS: I will be in Cabo Verde Islands to test the new F-One kite and will let you know if they go good ! (That I already know !!!)

          -----
          See the original message at http://www.egroups.com/list/kitesurf/?start=689