RE: [ksurf] Re: Where are we heading?

  • Neil Harper
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 12, 2005
      Dave I think Gang stuff might be a bit extreme but I totally agree with the
      sentiment. We in the UK live in an evermore litigious society and the fear
      of negligence and compensation claims is a huge factor in local government
      decisions, so much so that you can get bans imposed just in case something
      happens. We all know the beauty of kitesurfing is the sense of freedom it
      gives. We all have to be sensible so that ignorance and or stupidity will
      not reduce our freedoms. So if you have the attitude that someone behaving
      dangerously is not your problem, it soon will be! :-)

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 12, 2005
        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, hungvu2000@r... wrote:

        > Some place may see growth, some place may not but that is not the
        > subject of this thread.
        >
        > The fact that we have improved the sport (know how, safety, production,
        > etc.) is probably more important.

        ...............in that context: "We have improved the sport"...because we - being the sport -
        have improved.

        If the bulk of the people participating may now have two years+ expirence. The 'know
        how, safety, etc.' automatically improve, likely at a faster rate, than any material
        improvements like 5th lines, Bow shapes, etc. (hense the complaints of limitations of 5th's,
        Bow's, etc) My local crew could pass IKO tests with 2002 kites and 185cm boards.

        Jim