RE: [ksurf] Re: heard it before??

  • Barnes, Tim (UK)
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7, 2005
      Thanks hung and jon, much appreiciated.

      What is a good guage for how much power i should be under?? I only have the one kite at the mo and i don't have a wind meter so it is hard for me to tell if i have enogh wind or not.

      Also, how tight should my back lines be?? when the kite is flying overhead, i have about 8-10" of bar travel but the lines only seem to tighten up in the last 3-4", and i find that if there is a gust, i have to pull the bar in a bit to stop the kite overflying.

      Cheers people, you have been a great help already..
      Tim.

    • Mark
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 7, 2005
        Dewd
        I know you said youre only using a 120 board, which someone else told
        you a while ago is a totty board for a beginer. Ive put my Litewave
        169 up on Ebay. Let me know if you want it cos someone is pestering
        me to take £185 for it. Or you could bid:

        http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
        ViewItem&item=7181018015&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

        But it wont be there long if this geezer gets his own way. If you
        look at my other items, theres also the TRAMPA ATB and my 9mtr
        Guerilla 2.

        Let me know chunky chops.

        Mark

        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Barnes, Tim (UK)" <tim.barnes@b...>
        wrote:

        > Thanks hung and jon, much appreiciated.
        >
        > What is a good guage for how much power i should be under?? I
        only have the one kite at the mo and i don't have a wind meter so it
        is hard for me to tell if i have enogh wind or not.

        > Also, how tight should my back lines be?? when the kite is
        flying overhead, i have about 8-10" of bar travel but the lines only
        seem to tighten up in the last 3-4", and i find that if there is a
        gust, i have to pull the bar in a bit to stop the kite overflying.

        > Cheers people, you have been a great help already..
        > Tim.

      • Barnes, Tim (UK)
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7, 2005
          how come your selling your stuff dude?? Surely your not giving up?

          I know it is quite a small board, BUT, i have been told that the more important factor with getting up on it is the planing area rather than the length which makes conmplete sense when you think bout it.
          I mean i'm sure that a long board would be easier but i dont think it'll make ALL the diff. I think that is probably more to do with my technique than anything else. Gonna go and checkout that lake near my parents this week, so could have a 'safe' place to learn!

          Do you not fancy gettin into the atb?? It's great fun when you get used to it.

          Tim

          wrote:

          > Thanks hung and jon, much appreiciated.
          >

          > What is a good guage for how much power i should be under?? I

          only have the one kite at the mo and i don't have a wind meter so it

          is hard for me to tell if i have enogh wind or not.

          > Also, how tight should my back lines be?? when the kite is

          flying overhead, i have about 8-10" of bar travel but the lines only

          seem to tighten up in the last 3-4", and i find that if there is a

          gust, i have to pull the bar in a bit to stop the kite overflying.

          > Cheers people, you have been a great help already..
          > Tim.

          to the most frequently asked questions.

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Mark
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 7, 2005
            Dewd
            Nah not giving in, just LURV da buggy, miles more than I think I
            would ATB'ing. Bought a 6'6 Cabrinha directinal (Very wind-surfy :o)
            and the samolians from the other tackle I'll blow on eith a Flysufer
            or a Ozone Frenzy (pref 4 meter) need summat between the 3mtr Airush
            and the 5.5 Bullsnuggets.

            Let me know what that lake is like, looks a bit small on Google
            Maps, us 19 stone lumps need a pretty long runway lol :o)

            unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com ===