Re: heard it before??

  • oldair42
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6, 2005
      Hey Tim,
      I spent a year teaching myself, its not easy, and at times was very
      frustrating, however when I had the same problem that you describe it
      was usually one of three things (or a combination thereof)
      1. not flying a large enough kite for the wind.
      2. needing more than one powerstroke.
      3. keeping your board pointed downwind a little longer ( build up
      some speed before you turn your board upwind)
      just stay with it and it will come, your body is having to do a lot
      of things at once and it takes some time to train it.

      Jon
      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "Barnes, Tim (UK)" <tim.barnes@b...>
      wrote:

      > I am new to kitesurfing and i have been trying to teach myself.
      >
      > I am having a few problems getting up and going. I seem to be
      able to get up and out of the water but i just sink back down .... Is
      this me flying the kite too far out of the wind before i'm going with
      enough speed to keep up with the kite??
      > How 'powered' should i be exactly?? I ride an airush misfit 120
      (quite wide) and a 14m airush flow. Sould it nearly be lifting me
      off when powered at the top or what??