Re: [ksurf] Re: Flat Inflatable?

  • CCKiteboarder@hotpop.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 17, 2005
      A number of riders at my local spot have bought Cabrinha Crossbows and like them.

      I have looked them over pretty good but have not had a chance yet to demo one. So far, I
      like what I see. This design (the Cabrinha) seems to be an evolution of the Seasmik and Next
      kite design that eliminates some of the negatives with them.

      The old Seasmik had some aeordynamic problems (turned inside out whe depowered) and depowered
      with too little movement of the bar (about 2 inches). The Crossbow seems to fly great, has
      a simpler bridle and the pulley bar reduces the bar pressure and gives a longer throw. Some
      riders are complaining that the bar pressure is still too high and that it depowers too much
      too fast. But I think the trad offs are worth the improvement in safety and I prefer heavy
      bar pressure as long as I get fast enough turning.

      Personally, I would buy one if the price was lower and it was not the end of the season. They
      are selling like hotcakes around here.

      I think this is a great design for students and a much safer kite. Cograts to Cabrinha and
      to the kite designers who figured out how to improve the design.

      Steve
      Carson City, Nevada, USA