[ksurf] Re: Cannot stand on the board! Almost dissapointed

  • ex_cpe
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2005
      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, zc <zchris_gr@y...> wrote:
      > OK,
      >
      > I am 82Kgr and have a Surfactory 157cm board, I have removed 2 of the 4 fins. I have a
      Naish seat harness.

      Chris: Your kite is probably too small. I'm 85kg and my kite for those winds is a 16M. I
      prefer to work the lower half of a kite's range because I have grapes instead of coconuts in
      my shorts but I also don't like to work my ass off to have fun.

      I'd personally not mess with cable parks and wakeboats. Not only are you a beginner in
      this sport - you'd be a beginner in another at the exact same time. The few guys I've met
      who were accomplished wakeboarders did certainly have an advantge over us bipeds.
      ...but you can probably add qualified snowboarders, skaters and stunt-kite flyers to the
      list.

      I suspect a waist harness may be easier to learn on because the bar is mostly above your
      shoulders and the UP pull above your body's C/L is very helpful at this point. The board is
      fine too, but put those fins back on. 'Can't imagine why you took them off?

      Safety first - fun second. Always wear a rubber.

      jim