RE: [ksurf] You Can stand on the board! Practice.

  • Neil Harper
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2005
      "My back round was shalom water skiing" is that a kosher watersport :-)

      On a more serious note some instructors I have spoken to advocate a
      technique similar to that used when teaching beginners how to snowboard,
      known as a falling leaf technique, if you can imagine how a leaf might sway
      back and forth as it falls through the air you can try emulating that zig
      zag path with your board across the surface of the water (twin tips only) by
      steering the kite as if you were body dragging, but with your feet on the
      board which is in front of you. As your confidence grows you can try
      extending the distance you travel in each direction and the amount of time
      your butt is out of the water. Which will eventually lead to you making
      longer runs and then on to the holy grail of getting upwind! This is only
      any good if you have plenty of safe water downwind of you however. Stick
      with it its well worth it :-)