Re: How to self land the kite?

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1 3:10 PM
      Hi
      Sure this might not be the right way, but what works for me is to
      ditch the sail right next to the waters edge then kind of tug myself
      towards it using just one side of the lines, so the thing doesnt lift
      again (this is all kind of assuming your wind is still on/side/on).
      Or if wind is low, I will just give my bar a couple of loops with one
      side of the lines, then reel myself in to meet the kite whilst doing
      the bar wrap up (cuts down on knotted lines) Always keep an eye on my
      rig though for a turn-around i the wind.

      I've never really bothered landing an LEI on sand for the reasons you
      just said really, but when I have in the past, I just more or less to
      what i've said above. Same with my Peter Lynn's.

      Landing on your own can get a tad previous!

      Mark.