How to self land the kite?

  • Dmitry
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2005
      First I'd like to thank all the posters on this group..
      I've seen a lot of good advice here, which came very handy.. Thank you
      guys..

      Now to my question.. What are the best techniques for self landing?

      If possible cover: 4 line and 5 line setup (5th line as a leash)

      I've seen some guys brining the kite down and then somehow flipping the kite
      onto the LE at the last second.. I tried to do that too, but my kite just
      bounces against the sand and flies right back up..

      Also, what are the safe ways to land? How to get to the kite after you land,
      etc...

      Thank you all in advance,

      Dmitry.
    • Mark
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2005
        Hi
        Sure this might not be the right way, but what works for me is to
        ditch the sail right next to the waters edge then kind of tug myself
        towards it using just one side of the lines, so the thing doesnt lift
        again (this is all kind of assuming your wind is still on/side/on).
        Or if wind is low, I will just give my bar a couple of loops with one
        side of the lines, then reel myself in to meet the kite whilst doing
        the bar wrap up (cuts down on knotted lines) Always keep an eye on my
        rig though for a turn-around i the wind.

        I've never really bothered landing an LEI on sand for the reasons you
        just said really, but when I have in the past, I just more or less to
        what i've said above. Same with my Peter Lynn's.

        Landing on your own can get a tad previous!

        Mark.