Re: [ksurf] LOTS of KITEBOARDING NEWS!

  • CCKiteboarder@hotpop.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15, 2005
      Hi Rick

      Just checked out this article on tuning. Seems like a sign of the times - lots of new
      kiteboarders out there using stock gear who don't have a clue about making pigtails or re-
      sleeving kite lines. I've got to admit i enjoy not having to do it all anymore myself.

      Your article, I believe, assumes that all bar kite line setups are created equal ie: no diff
      between relative length of front and rear lines but in many cases they fluctuate over time -
      line stretch, replacement, etc. so I'm curious - do all the manufacturers follow a standard?
      Are all 4 main lines the same length with the trim strap all the way out or all the way in or
      some place in the middle?
      Since I try to use the same bar and lines with all my kites I find I sometimes have to make
      pigtails to properly tune my kites to my bar/lines. Sometimes I have to make some pretty
      long pigtails to get it right.

      Keep up the good work.

      Steve
      Carson City, Nevada,USA