LOTS of KITEBOARDING NEWS!

  • Rick Iossi
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2005
      Time for another update on happenings on the FKA Website, there is a lot
      going on like ...

      * Hurricane Tracking & Information Resources
      A collection of links to a wide variety of information during hurricane
      season.

      * HURRICANE RIDERS
      IMPORTANT information for kiteboarding during tropical storm season,
      complete with Hurricane Dennis information. Read this your health just
      might depend upon it.

      * KITER RECOVERY PARTY!!!
      Neil and Matt come back and in style!

      * WAVES ... HOW DO YOU GO PAST THEM?
      Interesting input from a large wave rider from the left coast.

      * Kite4Girls 2005 In Photos
      MORE photos from this unique event.

      * Getting more range out of some kites, perhaps A LOT!
      Tuning can deliver some powerful results.

      * The Florida to Bahamas Kiteboarding Race
      More about this exciting event coming up early this winter.

      All at: http://fksa.org/viewforum.php?f=73

      * Some of the latest articles on Safety in print complete with Internet web
      links to additional information on subjects like selecting a kiteboarding
      instructor, rules of the road and more.
      At: http://fksa.org/index.php?c=26

      * Information and analysis of severe kiteboarding accidents in a plains
      microburst in Utah and a squall in Belize.

      * Important information about downbursts and ideas on how to try to avoid
      them complete with photos and links.
      At: http://fksa.org/viewforum.php?f=81

      * There are a variety of discussions underway in the Medical Kiteboarding
      Forum. If you are in the medical trade and interested in kiteboarding, come
      on down and join in.
      Email flkitesurfer@... with your background for more information.

      * The FKA WELCOMES riders from the Bahamas to the Bahamian Kiteboarding
      Forum! Guys are branching out from Nassau and exploring launches in the
      Family Islands. Interesting Stuff! This is a must visit for riders
      planning on kiting in the Bahamas.
      At: http://fksa.org/index.php?c=23

      * If you had a good session or discovered something new, please tell us
      about it at:
      http://fksa.org/index.php?c=23

      There is a great deal more on the site and more coming all the time. Why
      not visit and join in the discussions?

      What would you like to see on the site? Why not tell us at:
      http://fksa.org/viewforum.php?f=73

      FKA, Inc.

      transcribed by:
      Rick Iossi
    • CCKiteboarder@hotpop.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 15, 2005
        Hi Rick

        Just checked out this article on tuning. Seems like a sign of the times - lots of new
        kiteboarders out there using stock gear who don't have a clue about making pigtails or re-
        sleeving kite lines. I've got to admit i enjoy not having to do it all anymore myself.

        Your article, I believe, assumes that all bar kite line setups are created equal ie: no diff
        between relative length of front and rear lines but in many cases they fluctuate over time -
        line stretch, replacement, etc. so I'm curious - do all the manufacturers follow a standard?
        Are all 4 main lines the same length with the trim strap all the way out or all the way in or
        some place in the middle?
        Since I try to use the same bar and lines with all my kites I find I sometimes have to make
        pigtails to properly tune my kites to my bar/lines. Sometimes I have to make some pretty
        long pigtails to get it right.

        Keep up the good work.

        Steve
        Carson City, Nevada,USA