RE: [ksurf] RE: Anyone got comments on Flysurfer XTC

  • alex.unsworth@ubs.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 26, 2005
      What problems do you get when the foils land on the water - especially in the surf....? Does it sink, is it still easy to relaunch?

      Al
      http://waitingforthewind.blogspot.com

      Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 19:44:24 -0000
      From: "Gerald" <gerald_charles@...>
      Subject: Anyone got comments on Flysurfer XTC

      Good or bad, tips on flying anything would be great. Looking for
      personal accounts, have read all the commercial reviews!!

      to the most frequently asked questions.

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      This communication is issued by UBS AG or an affiliate ("UBS") to
      institutional investors only. It is for informational purposes and is
      not guaranteed as to accuracy, nor is it a complete statement of the
      financial products or markets referred to. Opinions expressed are
      subject to change without notice and may differ or be contrary to the
      opinions or recommendations expressed by other business areas or
      groups of UBS as a result of using different assumptions and criteria.
      UBS may maintain long or short positions in the financial instruments
      referred to and may transact in them as principal or agent. Unless
      stated specifically otherwise, this is not a recommendation, offer or
      solicitation to buy or sell and any prices or quotations contained
      herein are indicative only. UBS may provide investment banking and
      other services to, and/or its officers/employees may serve as
      directors of, the companies referred to in this material. To the
      extent permitted by law, UBS does not accept any liability arising
      from the use of this communication. Additional information or UBS
      Investment Research is available upon request.

      Copyright 2005 UBS. All rights reserved. Intended for recipient only
      and not for further distribution without the consent of UBS.
    • crsaniv20y@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 26, 2005
        I've landed my Titan Flysurfer in the surf often when learning to fly her
        and she always relaunched quickly. The key for me was always flying in winds
        over 12 to 15+ mph. I am interested in honest comments about the Extacy. That
        will be the next kite surfing kite I plan on buying.

      • gerald charles
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 26, 2005
          Hey Alex,
          There's no problem lauching a Flysurfer from the water, even if it lands Leading Edge down. If you're hooked in, release the bar and the kite rights it's self. Then is ready to luanch. Just remember to never pull on the bar or you'll sink the kite!!!! This is the biggest difference to a tube style kite, and the hardest thing to get used to. Don't try to fly this kite unhooked unless you're used to how she flies, I'm still hooked on afetr a year but then I'm more worried that my girlfriend will kill me if I do any damage to myself than anything else!!(bit of a wimp, I know!)

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 26, 2005
            South Caicos, Turks and Ciacos. I'm doing it all on my own, on one to assist. Wouldn't want to do this with any other kite. Where are you?

            alex.unsworth@... wrote:
            Ta

            Where you flying her?