Anyone got comments on Flysurfer XTC

  • Gerald
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 24, 2005
      Good or bad, tips on flying anything would be great. Looking for
      personal accounts, have read all the commercial reviews!!
    • Don Holley
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 25, 2005
        I switched from tube kites to foils and so far am happy I did.
        I have three XTC kites - 7M, 10M and 13M.

        The kites turn very fast, have a great safety system, de-power range and are
        really easy to set-up and self launch and land.

        I thought I would have issues with tangles with the bridle, but have not had
        any problems as long as you take care winding the lines and rolling the bar
        and lines up when you pack the kite.

        I really like flying the 10M and 7M, but I am still working on getting used
        to flying the 13M.

        I have only flown the 13M a couple of times, and I don't think that I have
        used it enough to stretch the bridle into shape. I have read that you have
        to fly these kites about 10 hours to get them broken-in and flying right.

        I am having problems when I dive the kite into the power zone with the lower
        wing tip collapsing and the kite back stalling. I am not having the same
        problem with the 7 & 10M, but I am typically flying them in higher winds. I
        also think part of the problem is the operator (me) and my inexperience
        flying foil kites.

        Maybe there are some tricks or techniques to flying the larger XTC kites
        that someone on this forum wants to share.