double LE tube construction

  • yhocaogl
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 21, 2005
      Hung,

      i've been designing both foil an inflatable kites for about 6 years
      and read your comments about the LE drag.
      reducing LE diameter by 50 % would little affect the performance. I
      think that much incrase in performance is important for such a
      competitive market. i am now designing my new kite, dedicated to
      reduce the drag to increase the performance, which you can see the a
      snapshot under the folder

      photos/yalcin

      I would be happy to hear your comments about the new structure i'm
      working on...

      yalcin.
    • Hung Vu
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2005
        Yalcin,

        It looks similar to the idea that used in the Gastraa Pheonix (?). This
        would allow a smaller LE diameter facing the wind. On the other hand,
        are there other ways to to add rigidity to the LE besides making the
        LE tube bigger, more LE pressure or double LE tube?

        Hung.