Re: [ksurf] COM [Fwd: iKiteboarding.com Newsletter : Cabrinha Crossbow Preview]

  • OneWithWind@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 20, 2005
      This kite looks like my seasmik kite I've been using to ride and teach with
      for years. A lei with a minimal bridle. this concept has been around for
      years. I'm glad to see its finaly getting the R&D it deserves to become a
      great design. The seasmik was a great high wind kite but lacked efficiency.
      flew and turned faster than anything out there and when you let go of the bar it
      just hung there in the air with no pull no matter the wind conditions. the
      perfect kite for teaching. I used mine here in florida when we were having
      hurricanes. worked fine in 35+ knots. looking foreward to getting to try
      one of these newer versions out.
      PEACE&WINDS
      Josh
      onewithwind@...

    • georgeiw@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 21, 2005
        The other interesting idea in these new kites it the ability to turn up the
        flap or tip of the strut.
        This is possible in some foil kites which allows for a much wider range of
        depower. It will be interesting to see how it works in the inflatable/ batten
        combination.