Re: [ksurf] COM [Fwd: iKiteboarding.com Newsletter : Cabrinha Crossbow Preview]

  • ex_cpe
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 20, 2005
      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Mike Holmes <mooditjmike@y...> wrote:
      > Its here
      >
      > http://tinypic.com/669od4

      Peter Frank in DK is always ahead of the times and has a quite complete piece on the
      Takky:

      www.kitesurferen.dk/en/view.php?type=8&id=113

      To Cabby: it's not like you can hide it...or don't need a boost after the flogging Best is
      giving you guys?!

      jim
    • OneWithWind@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 20, 2005
        This kite looks like my seasmik kite I've been using to ride and teach with
        for years. A lei with a minimal bridle. this concept has been around for
        years. I'm glad to see its finaly getting the R&D it deserves to become a
        great design. The seasmik was a great high wind kite but lacked efficiency.
        flew and turned faster than anything out there and when you let go of the bar it
        just hung there in the air with no pull no matter the wind conditions. the
        perfect kite for teaching. I used mine here in florida when we were having
        hurricanes. worked fine in 35+ knots. looking foreward to getting to try
        one of these newer versions out.
        PEACE&WINDS
        Josh
        onewithwind@...

      • georgeiw@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 21, 2005
          The other interesting idea in these new kites it the ability to turn up the
          flap or tip of the strut.
          This is possible in some foil kites which allows for a much wider range of
          depower. It will be interesting to see how it works in the inflatable/ batten
          combination.