Re: [ksurf] COM [Fwd: iKiteboarding.com Newsletter : Cabrinha Crossbow Preview]

  • ex_cpe
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 20, 2005
      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Mike Holmes <mooditjmike@y...> wrote:
      > Its here
      >
      > http://tinypic.com/669od4

      Peter Frank in DK is always ahead of the times and has a quite complete piece on the
      Takky:

      www.kitesurferen.dk/en/view.php?type=8&id=113

      To Cabby: it's not like you can hide it...or don't need a boost after the flogging Best is
      giving you guys?!

      jim
    • ex_cpe
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 20, 2005
        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Mike Holmes <mooditjmike@y...> wrote:
        > Its here
        >
        > http://tinypic.com/669od4

        .......and Peter Frank in DK (always ahead of the times..) has a great piece on the Takoon
        Nova at: www.kitesurferen.dk/en/view.php?type=8&id=113

        Jim
      • OneWithWind@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 20, 2005
          This kite looks like my seasmik kite I've been using to ride and teach with
          for years. A lei with a minimal bridle. this concept has been around for
          years. I'm glad to see its finaly getting the R&D it deserves to become a
          great design. The seasmik was a great high wind kite but lacked efficiency.
          flew and turned faster than anything out there and when you let go of the bar it
          just hung there in the air with no pull no matter the wind conditions. the
          perfect kite for teaching. I used mine here in florida when we were having
          hurricanes. worked fine in 35+ knots. looking foreward to getting to try
          one of these newer versions out.
          PEACE&WINDS
          Josh
          onewithwind@...

        • georgeiw@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 21, 2005
            The other interesting idea in these new kites it the ability to turn up the
            flap or tip of the strut.
            This is possible in some foil kites which allows for a much wider range of
            depower. It will be interesting to see how it works in the inflatable/ batten
            combination.