Re: [ksurf] COM [Fwd: iKiteboarding.com Newsletter : Cabrinha Crossbow Preview]

  • Mike Holmes
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 20, 2005
      Its here

      http://tinypic.com/669od4

    • ex_cpe
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 20, 2005
        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Mike Holmes <mooditjmike@y...> wrote:
        > Its here
        >
        > http://tinypic.com/669od4

        Peter Frank in DK is always ahead of the times and has a quite complete piece on the
        Takky:

        www.kitesurferen.dk/en/view.php?type=8&id=113

        To Cabby: it's not like you can hide it...or don't need a boost after the flogging Best is
        giving you guys?!

        jim
      • ex_cpe
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 20, 2005
          --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Mike Holmes <mooditjmike@y...> wrote:
          > Its here
          >
          > http://tinypic.com/669od4

          .......and Peter Frank in DK (always ahead of the times..) has a great piece on the Takoon
          Nova at: www.kitesurferen.dk/en/view.php?type=8&id=113

          Jim
        • OneWithWind@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 20, 2005
            This kite looks like my seasmik kite I've been using to ride and teach with
            for years. A lei with a minimal bridle. this concept has been around for
            years. I'm glad to see its finaly getting the R&D it deserves to become a
            great design. The seasmik was a great high wind kite but lacked efficiency.
            flew and turned faster than anything out there and when you let go of the bar it
            just hung there in the air with no pull no matter the wind conditions. the
            perfect kite for teaching. I used mine here in florida when we were having
            hurricanes. worked fine in 35+ knots. looking foreward to getting to try
            one of these newer versions out.
            PEACE&WINDS
            Josh
            onewithwind@...

          • georgeiw@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 21, 2005
              The other interesting idea in these new kites it the ability to turn up the
              flap or tip of the strut.
              This is possible in some foil kites which allows for a much wider range of
              depower. It will be interesting to see how it works in the inflatable/ batten
              combination.