Re: [ksurf] COM [Fwd: iKiteboarding.com Newsletter : Cabrinha Crossbow Preview]

  • Gabe Le
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 19, 2005
      "This article has been suspended due to a request from
      Cabrinha" - whussup there? If it's true, what's the
      deal blocking articles mentioning it...

      Gabe

      <http://www.ikiteboarding.com/article_detail.aspx?id=146>

      <http://www.ikiteboarding.com/newsletter/newsletter.aspx>

      > removed]

      > answers

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Mike Holmes
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 20, 2005
        Its here

        http://tinypic.com/669od4

      • ex_cpe
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 20, 2005
          --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Mike Holmes <mooditjmike@y...> wrote:
          > Its here
          >
          > http://tinypic.com/669od4

          Peter Frank in DK is always ahead of the times and has a quite complete piece on the
          Takky:

          www.kitesurferen.dk/en/view.php?type=8&id=113

          To Cabby: it's not like you can hide it...or don't need a boost after the flogging Best is
          giving you guys?!

          jim
        • ex_cpe
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 20, 2005
            --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Mike Holmes <mooditjmike@y...> wrote:
            > Its here
            >
            > http://tinypic.com/669od4

            .......and Peter Frank in DK (always ahead of the times..) has a great piece on the Takoon
            Nova at: www.kitesurferen.dk/en/view.php?type=8&id=113

            Jim
          • OneWithWind@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 20, 2005
              This kite looks like my seasmik kite I've been using to ride and teach with
              for years. A lei with a minimal bridle. this concept has been around for
              years. I'm glad to see its finaly getting the R&D it deserves to become a
              great design. The seasmik was a great high wind kite but lacked efficiency.
              flew and turned faster than anything out there and when you let go of the bar it
              just hung there in the air with no pull no matter the wind conditions. the
              perfect kite for teaching. I used mine here in florida when we were having
              hurricanes. worked fine in 35+ knots. looking foreward to getting to try
              one of these newer versions out.
              PEACE&WINDS
              Josh
              onewithwind@...

            • georgeiw@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 21, 2005
                The other interesting idea in these new kites it the ability to turn up the
                flap or tip of the strut.
                This is possible in some foil kites which allows for a much wider range of
                depower. It will be interesting to see how it works in the inflatable/ batten
                combination.