COM [Fwd: iKiteboarding.com Newsletter : Cabrinha Crossbow Preview]

  • Hung Vu
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 19, 2005
      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: iKiteboarding.com Newsletter : Cabrinha Crossbow Preview
      Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 06:27:46 -0700
      From: newsletter@...
      To: <hungvu@...>

      iKiteboarding.com <http://www.ikiteboarding.com>

      Cabrinha Crossbow / Takoon Nova Preview

      Bruno Legaignoux, the patent holder of the inflatable kite, has designed
      a hybrid kite - a cross between a foil and an inflatable.

      Cabrinha and Takoon are the first companies to buy the license for this
      concept, and are bringing out their own versions of these kites.

      We preview the Cabrinha Crossbow.

      Read more here <http://www.ikiteboarding.com/article_detail.aspx?id=146>

      To unsubscribe from this newsletter, click here
      <http://www.ikiteboarding.com/newsletter/newsletter.aspx>

    • Gabe Le
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 19, 2005
        "This article has been suspended due to a request from
        Cabrinha" - whussup there? If it's true, what's the
        deal blocking articles mentioning it...

        Gabe

        --- Hung Vu <hungvu2000@...> wrote:

> [...]

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Mike Holmes
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 20, 2005
          Its here

          http://tinypic.com/669od4

        • ex_cpe
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 20, 2005
            --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Mike Holmes <mooditjmike@y...> wrote:
            > Its here
            >
            > http://tinypic.com/669od4

            Peter Frank in DK is always ahead of the times and has a quite complete piece on the
            Takky:

            www.kitesurferen.dk/en/view.php?type=8&id=113

            To Cabby: it's not like you can hide it...or don't need a boost after the flogging Best is
            giving you guys?!

            jim
          • ex_cpe
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 20, 2005
              --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Mike Holmes <mooditjmike@y...> wrote:
              > Its here
              >
              > http://tinypic.com/669od4

              .......and Peter Frank in DK (always ahead of the times..) has a great piece on the Takoon
              Nova at: www.kitesurferen.dk/en/view.php?type=8&id=113

              Jim
            • OneWithWind@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 20, 2005
                This kite looks like my seasmik kite I've been using to ride and teach with
                for years. A lei with a minimal bridle. this concept has been around for
                years. I'm glad to see its finaly getting the R&D it deserves to become a
                great design. The seasmik was a great high wind kite but lacked efficiency.
                flew and turned faster than anything out there and when you let go of the bar it
                just hung there in the air with no pull no matter the wind conditions. the
                perfect kite for teaching. I used mine here in florida when we were having
                hurricanes. worked fine in 35+ knots. looking foreward to getting to try
                one of these newer versions out.
                PEACE&WINDS
                Josh
                onewithwind@...

              • georgeiw@aol.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 21, 2005
                  The other interesting idea in these new kites it the ability to turn up the
                  flap or tip of the strut.
                  This is possible in some foil kites which allows for a much wider range of
                  depower. It will be interesting to see how it works in the inflatable/ batten
                  combination.