Sylt - Kite Surfing Banned???

  • Gary Brownless
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2005
      Hi

      I'll be in Sylt (island in NW Germany) towards end of June and I was hoping
      to do some kitesurfing. When I checked the Windfinder Spots for this area, I
      found that kite surfing was prohibited at some beaches. Can anyone plse
      confirm which areas are closed and are their any decent launch sites still
      available? Any idea of wind conditions this time of year?? I am 90kg using
      147 underground wavetray and hv size 13/15 Slingshot Fuel - do I need a
      smaller kite? Does water temp warrant a fuel suit??

      Cheers from presently windless Cyprus.

      Dundee