Re: Kite stacking?

  • Myron
    Message 1 of 2 , May 29, 2005
      --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, Hung Vu <hungvu2000@r...> wrote:
      > Kite stacking has been around since the beginning.
      >
      > Recently I start to FULLY understand its advantage over a single
      larger
      > kite in very light wind.
      >
      > However, stacking kite is very cumbersome for launching and water
      > relaunching.
      >
      > I am working on some scheme to eliminate (or alleviate) both of
      these
      > problems...
      >
      > Any other problems with stacking kites besides those two?
      >
      > Hung.

      I have stacked my Peter Lynn Guerilla's this winter a few times (a
      couple of times on the water last summer too). Put's a smile on my
      face everytime. It amazes me. Here's a short clip.
      http://members.shaw.ca/cpbs5/cpbs5/matlock.wmv

      You could add... Upwind performance, depower range, and kite stack
      sync in turning is affected with improper kite stack tuning.

      Myron